Friday, November 30, 2012

Can My Bad Day Can Be Good For Teaching & Learning?

I had to remind myself recently that sometimes as a leader, it is often our job to take on the bad days so that others are able to have good ones.

This is not to say that we should take on everyone's problems (especially those of their own creation), but there is something strangely satisfying when, after dealing with a difficult situation or day, others might say "I had no idea that happened" or "my class was great, we were not interrupted at all" or "today was a great day".

When we take on big problems/distractions that are often unrelated to teaching & learning we free up others to focus to do the real hard work... the teaching & learning.  If my tough day contributed to that happening, it is worth it.

(Lets just not make a habit of it!)

Like a goalie needs to protect the net so that others can score...

No comments:

Post a Comment